Health & Safety Statement
This Safety Statement is aimed at protecting our staff, clients, contractors and members of the public from work place accidents and ill-health.
The Safety Statement is availalble to all our employees, outside service providers and Inspectors of the Health & Safety Authority.
The necessary training will be provided to all our employees to ensure, in as far as is reasonable, a workplace free from hazards and risks.
It is our policy, when purchasing new equipment and altering or replacing existing equipment to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, that they are free from hazards and of CE quality.
The required funding and resources required to effect this policy will be made available.
We will update this policy as necessary and will review same, at least once per year. In particular, we undertake to comply with all relevant health, safety and welfare legislation to include the following:
- Provision of a safe workplace
- Safe access and egress routes
- Safe system of work and safe equipment
- Provision of appropriate personal protective equipment
Health & Safety Objectives
- Provide the platform for a safe and healthy working environment for our employees and for those who visit the company premises.
- Ensure our Health and Safety statement is reviewed on a regular basis to ensure its continued suitability.
- Provide adequate and appropriate health and safety training for all employees.
- Identify hazardous materials and ensure employees are instructed in the safe handling and transportation of such materials.
- Ensure the company premises and equipment does not compromise health and safety regulations in any way.
- Identify potential risks and hazards and implement the necessary remedies to ensure the health and safety of all employees.
- Ensure health and safety information is freely available, and encourage open channels of communication between management, staff and all who have dealings with Bio-Sciences.
- Identify appropriate procedures for evacuation in the event of a fire, and ensure all employees are fully aware of such procedures.
- Ensure all employees are fully aware of company policy in areas such as maternity leave, bereavement leave, parental leave, harassment and bullying, disciplinary action and emergency leave, as addressed in the Company Handbook.
Please contact us if you have any queries regarding our Health & Safety Statement.