Following on from our successful Pipetting Seminar Series in 2016 , we will be hosting a series of Seminars next week September 18th to September 20th .
John Reidy, our Finnpipette Product Specialist will be in attendance and Steve Beckett , Liquid Transfer Product Specialist from Thermo Fisher Scientific will be presenting the Seminars.
The feedback last year was very positive and we would encourage you to attend the Seminars. Tea Coffee and Pastries will be provided on the day.
The Seminar entitled “ Ergonomics and Handling Techniques” will comprise the following;
· Identify the risk factors and causes of poor pipetting ergonomics
· Recognition of signs and symptoms of pipetting related RSI
· Eliminating and alleviating pipette related RSI
· Preparing your ideal ergonomic pipetting workstation
· How your pipettes work
· Factors which affect the accuracy of your pipettes
· How to pipette difficult samples more accurately
· How to prevent contamination of your pipettes and samples
· Tips on how to keep your Pipettes in good working condition
The Seminar Series will take place in the following venues;
September 18th 10.30AM to 12.00PM Dublin City University. Please download details here.
September 18th 3.00 PM to 4.30PM Trinity College Dublin. Please download details here.
September 19th 10.30AM to 12.00PM Department of Agriculture Backweston. Please download details here.
September 19th 3.00PM to 4.00PM OLHSC Crumlin. Please download details here.
September 20th 3.00PM to 4.30PM National University of Ireland, Galway. Please download details here
To register for one of the above Seminars please contact Jane Fitzgerald